Longji Rice Terraces Fields – known nationwide, it is a major tourist site in Guilin area. Levels upon levels of fields reach as far as you can see, forming a very beautiful scenery.
Local flavor is surprisingly attractive, especially the bamboo cooked rice.
Best travel season
Spring Summer Autumn Winter
We will pick you up at your hotel (at around 8:30) and drive 90 km west of Guilin to Longji Terraces Fields. Drive journey is 1.5 -2 hours via the newly built highway.
Longji is famous for the number of terraces fields built along the slope from the riverside up to the mountain top. The fields sit among the Zhuang and Yao villages offering stunning view all year around whenever the fields filled with water, the rice grows and matures, snowing in winter.
The area is also home to Zhuang, Dong, Miao, Yao minority people. They all have distinctive customs, clothing and hairstyle. In the most visited Pingan village, visitors also have chances to pay home visit and have close touch to local life.
When reach the parking lot, there will be a 20 minute-walk up to Pingan village via the stone paved road. If you want a panoramic view over the fields, some extra steps to go to the mountain top. Comfortable shoes are suggested. If not able to walk long, the locals offer sedan chair service costing from CNY 100 per person from the parking lot to the village and mountain top. Prepare for some changes in Chinese currency as dollar or other currencies are not suitable for the locals.
Meals there are mainly Chinese style, but local flavor surprisingly attractive, especially bamboo cooked rice.
Drive back to Guilin hotel around 5:30pm.
Price Inclusions & Exclusions
1. Entrance Fee of Longji Scenic Spot.
2. Lunch at local restaurant.
3. Private transfer with air-conditioned van and experienced driver.
4. Knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
1. All personal expense, e.g. souvenir.
2. Gratuities to guide and driver.
1. No stop at any shopping center.
2. If English-speaking driver guide preferred, you will enjoy $20 discount from total rate.
3. Pick-up and drop-off hotel or personal address is supposed to be in the city. Meet up time at hotel can be a bit earlier or later.
4. Service time is 8 hours (approx.)
5. Brand of van is the most popular kind in good condition. If for luxury brand, prices may vary accordingly.
6. The price is for an English-speaking guide. Additional costs may apply if a different language guide is needed (We offer French and Spanish-speaking guide as well).
Change and Cancellation Policy
15 days before commencement of services: 100% refund.
7 to 14 days before commencement of services: charge 10% of the tour price.
2 to 6 days before commencement of services: charge 50% of the tour price.
Within 2 days of commencement of services or no-show travelers: charge 100% of the tour price.
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your willingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
Get a quick answer from ETripChina experts
Frequently Asked Questions
0 customer reviews