Zhangjiajie National Forest Park (张家界国家森林公园)
Location: 32 km from the center of Zhangjiajie.
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park is a stunning natural wonder located in the northern part of Hunan Province in China. It is known for its unique sandstone pillars, dense forests, clear streams, and beautiful waterfalls. In 1992, the park was officially recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has since become one of China's most popular tourist destinations.
The most famous part of the park is the Yuanjiajie Scenic Area, which is home to the Avatar Hallelujah Mountain, a pillar that was said to have inspired the floating mountains in the movie Avatar. Other popular areas of the park include the Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve, which offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape, the Golden Whip Stream, a crystal-clear stream that winds through a deep canyon, and Ten-Mile Natural Gallery, a winding path offers incredible views of the sandstone peaks and valleys of the park.
Today, Zhangjiajie National Forest Park is well facilitated with elevator, cable car, sightseeing bus, and many paved hiking trails. It is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and anyone who appreciates breathtaking scenery.
What to see in zhangjiajie national park
1. Avatar Hallelujah Mountains: These towering sandstone pillars, also known as the Southern Sky Column, were the inspiration for the floating mountains in the movie Avatar. Take the Bailong Elevator, the world's highest outdoor elevator, to the top for panoramic views of the surrounding area.
2. Tianzi Mountain: This mountain peak is known for its stunning views of the park and the surrounding countryside.
3. Golden Whip Stream: This scenic valley offers crystal-clear waters, lush vegetation, and towering peaks. Hiking along the stream is a popular activity and a great way to appreciate the park's natural beauty up close.
4. Ten-Mile Natural Gallery: This winding path offers incredible views of the sandstone peaks and valleys of the park. It's a popular spot for photography and a great way to appreciate the park's unique beauty.
Visiting Route of zhangjiajie national park
At least a full day is expected to visit Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. One day itinerary usually goes like:
• Enter the park from the east Entrance and take the shuttle bus or Bailong Elevator up to Yuanjiajie for panoramic views of the sandstone pillars and cliffs.
• Visit the Avatar Hallelujah Mountains.
• Take the Avatar Flight of Passage, a glass-bottomed bridge that spans a deep chasm.
• Take shuttle bus to Tianzi Mountain Reserve and catch a cable car to the top for panoramic views of the park.
• Take cable car down the mountain and visit the Ten-mile Gallery, a scenic area with a winding road that passes through lush forests and scenic viewpoints.
Travel tips for visiting zhangjiajie national park.
1. Plan your visit ahead of time: Zhangjiajie National Park is a popular tourist destination, so it's a good idea to plan your visit ahead of time to avoid crowds and ensure that you have enough time to explore the park.
2. Wear comfortable shoes: The park has a lot of stairs and steep paths, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes that you can walk in for an extended period.
3. Bring sunscreen and insect repellent: The park can get hot and humid, so be sure to bring sunscreen and insect repellent to protect yourself from the sun and bugs.
4. Take the cable car: The park has a cable car that can take you up to the highest peak, giving you a bird's eye view of the stunning scenery below.
5. Stay hydrated: Bring plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially if you're visiting during the summer months.
6. Respect the environment: Zhangjiajie National Park is a protected area, so be sure to follow the park's rules and regulations to help preserve the environment for future generations.
7. Book a tour or hire a guide: A local guide can help you navigate the huge park and provide insight into the local culture and history.
Get a quick answer from ETripChina team
online customer service
0086 773 5842555
WhatsApp: +86 13617732531