Hong Kong is the short name of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. It is located in southern point of China, east of the Pearl River Estuary, facing Macau across the sea to the west, adjacent to Shenzhen to the north, and the Wanshan Archipelago of Zhuhai to the south. Its administrative region includes Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the New Territories, and 262 surrounding islands, covering an area of 2,754.97 square kilometers in total. To the records of 2022, the total population was 7.3332 million, making it one of the most densely populated regions in the world. The official languages are Chinese (Cantonese) and English, and the currency is the Hong Kong dollar.
Reasons to visit Hong Kong
1. Hong Kong is youthful, vibrant, and exciting. Its world-class architecture, fast-paced lifestyle, and fashionable and modern entertainment all highlight the stunning charm of this city.
2. Hong Kong is a "shopping paradise.". As a highly prosperous free port and international metropolis, Hong Kong has goods from all over the world and most of items are not subject to tariffs. That makes Hong Kong ranks among the best in the world in terms of price, variety, or service.
3. Hong Kong is a paradise of life. In Hong Kong, you can enjoy the modern entertainment, but also beautiful natural scenery and the simple way of life of the old times.
4. Hong Kong is one of the transport hub in Asia, a gateway to enter mainland China, and some Asian countries.
What to see in Hong Kong
Hong Kong city offers plenty to see and do. Here is a pick-up for some of the most visited sites. Or you can check the prepared Hong Kong tours.
1. Victoria Peak: A popular spot for panoramic views of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and the surrounding islands.
2. Hong Kong Disneyland: This theme park offers a variety of rides, shows, and attractions that are sure to entertain visitors of all ages.
3. Big Buddha: this towering bronze statue of Buddha on Lantau Island is one of Hong Kong's most famous landmarks.
4. Avenue of Stars: Similar to Hollywood's Walk of Fame, the Avenue of Stars honors the biggest names in Hong Kong's film industry.
5. Temple Street Night Market: A bustling market offers a wide range of goods, including clothing, electronics, and traditional Chinese souvenirs. Come at night hours.
6. Ocean Park: This marine-themed amusement park features aquariums, animal exhibits, and thrilling rides.
7. Wong Tai Sin Temple: It is dedicated to the Taoist god of healing and many visitors come for seeking good fortune.
8. Ladies Market: A popular market in Mong Kok area that is a great place to shop for affordable clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
Hong Kong visa policy
Visitors from most of the countries enjoy visa-free trip to Hong Kong. The length of stay depends on traveler’s nationality and purpose of visit. Check with Chinese embassy and prepare required documents.
Hong Kong local transport
Being one of the transport hubs in Asia, Hong Kong has plenty of incoming and outgoing flights. The city also has an extensive and efficient public transportation system. With a good sense of direction, you can easily travel around the city with MTR(Mass Transit Railway), buses, ferries, and taxis. Our car rental service in Hong Kong is always ready to help you to make most of your time in Hong Kong without hassle.
Resources for transport to surrounding cities:
When to visit Hong Kong
Located on the southeastern coast of China and the South China Sea, Hong Kong has a subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. Temperatures ranging from 14°C to 31°C (57°F to 88°F). It is suitable for travel all year around.
Hong Kong monthly average temperature
Get a quick answer from ETripChina team